Are you ready to make a difference for Hawaii’s businesses and their workers? Do you want to replace “business as usual” with creating better, innovative solutions for tomorrow? Join us at HEMIC, Hawaii’s leading workers’ compensation insurance company.
This year, we celebrate our 20th anniversary, marking two decades of proudly taking care of Hawai’i. Voted in 2016 and 2017 as one of Pacific Business News Magazine’s “Best Workplaces,” we recognize the impact that workplace injury can have on someone’s life – and so, we believe our kuleana is to bring Hawai’i workers back to work and back to life.
We seek individuals who are passionate about their work, who strive to achieve more and who bring out the best in others.
As an industry leader, we look for innovative people who are excited to improve the status quo — caring people who understand the importance of their work — industry leaders who embrace best practices and seek to raise the bar. We look for great people.
At HEMIC, we are dedicated to creating a healthy, energizing workplace for our employees and we offer competitive salary and benefits. We are a team, strongly committed to professional growth and staff development. Our low turnover rate is a testament to our thriving workplace culture.
At HEMIC, we are proud to be a local company. This means that while we draw on worldwide connections to ensure that we have the best tools and resources at our disposal, our work is here in Hawaii. We live in Hawaii, make our decisions in Hawaii, and serve the employers and employees of Hawaii.
To apply for a position at HEMIC, please email your resume, references and a cover letter explaining why you’re excited to join HEMIC to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are seeking qualified, motivated professionals willing to excel in a fast-paced, high-tech environment.
Current Job Openings
The Information Technology Business Analyst’s primary role is to help HEMIC implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program and communicating them clearly to all stakeholders, facilitators and partners. The Business Analyst functions as the link between IT capabilities and business objectives.
- Develop technical solutions to business problems by defining, analyzing, managing, and documenting requirements.
- Translate internal customers’ needs to application or system feature request.
- Coordinate and handle second-level requests for application support issues.
- Principles of information and business requirements analysis normally acquired through college level courses or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of software application concepts including software development lifecycle (SLDC) and Quality Assurance (QA).
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral), including technical writing skills and writing business cases.
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- 5 years experience in business requirements gathering and analysis.
- 3 years experience in computer applications’ project management.
- Prior insurance industry experience desirable, but not required.
We are seeking a team member to be responsible for processing, coding and recording cash receipts, disbursements and journal entries. Will also reconcile key general ledger account balances and process bills and check requests while assessing budget availability.
Successful candidate must possess:
- The ability to multi-task in a highly regulated environment.
- The ability to meet critical deadlines on a regular basis.
- The ability to provide customer service.
- Must possess a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, methods, theories and practices.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both in teams and independently.
No experience required, but prior office or insurance experience helpful. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field from four-year college or university required.Apply Now
The position is responsible for assisting in the collection of outstanding receivable balances from customers. This involves monitoring customer accounts, verbal and written communication with internal and external parties, providing assistance in researching and evidentiary matter, negotiating payment terms and resolution of basic issues, in addition to administrative support while fulfilling customer service standards.
Successful candidates will possess:
Working knowledge of business operations in accounts receivable and collections.
The ability to multi-task in a highly regulated environment.
The ability to meet deadlines on a regular basis.
A commitment to providing excellent customer service.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently.
1-2 years commercial collection experience preferred, insurance or finance company background a plus. Associates degree in accounting or business administration required.Apply Now