The Information Technology Business Analyst’s primary role is to help HEMIC implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program and communicating them clearly to all stakeholders, facilitators and partners. The Business Analyst functions as the link between IT capabilities and business objectives.
- Develop technical solutions to business problems by defining, analyzing, managing, and documenting requirements.
- Translate internal customers’ needs to application or system feature request.
- Coordinate and handle second-level requests for application support issues.
- Principles of information and business requirements analysis normally acquired through college level courses or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of software application concepts including software development lifecycle (SLDC) and Quality Assurance (QA).
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral), including technical writing skills and writing business cases.
- Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- 5 years’ experience in business requirements gathering and analysis.
- 3 years’ experience in computer applications’ project management.
- Prior insurance industry experience desirable, but not required.