Seeking an IT Systems Analyst familiar with the insurance industry and processes. The primary responsibility of this position is to help HEMIC implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by translating and correlating business needs into automated processes and application requirements for internal and external stakeholders, facilitators and customers.
Successful candidates will possess the following knowledge and skills:
- The principles of information and business technology requirements analysis, normally acquired through college-level courses.
- Software development lifecycle (SLDC), including software testing and quality assurance (QA).
- Function Point Analysis (FPA).
- Understanding of software application concepts.
- System change control.
- Working knowledge of the insurance business and processes, preferably workers’ compensation insurance.
- In-depth analytical and conceptual skills to handle various projects and programs.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of individuals (customers, coworkers, management, vendors), including writing business cases.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills.
- The ability to promote and champion process improvements.
- The ability to analyze information to elicit and simplify requirements.
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- Comfortable working in a matrix project management environment.