HEMIC is currently recruiting for a full-time Med Only Claims Specialist. Main duties include developing and implementing claim strategies to facilitate resolution, providing excellent customer service to policyholders, injured workers and medical providers as necessary to ensure courteous and prompt processing. Additional responsibilities include establishing and maintaining proper reserves, updating medical and legal correspondence and consulting physicians about treatment plans. Additionally, the Med Only Claims Specialist may recommend cases that may need to be reassigned or converted to indemnity.
Qualified applicants must have strong MS Office (or comparable) skills and possess strong communication skills when dealing with both internal and external customers. Applicants must be able to prioritize and pay close attention to detail in a time-sensitive and highly regulated environment.
Successful candidates will possess strong customer service and communication skills, and desire to grow their knowledge and experience. Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and will be expected to adhere to the company’s service standards and best practices. Must be punctual, dependable, organized, and detail-oriented.
- State of Hawaii Adjuster’s License
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with minor WC medical claims and reporting
- 1 year experience in medical terminology and WC billings and auditing
- Working knowledge of the State of Hawaii Work Comp laws
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
This opportunity is with HEMIC’s Managing General Agency, HEMIC Insurance Managers Inc (HIMI). This position will build and maintain a multi-line book of insurance policies in conformance with our partner carriers’ guidelines. Responsibilities include account management, productive agency relationships and supporting HEMIC agents in rounding out their accounts.
Successful candidates will possess:
- A passion for superior customer service with a team-player mindset
- Working knowledge of insurance basics including terminology, coverage, classification, policy forms, ratings and manuals
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities, communication, organizational and computer skills
Experience and qualifications:
- Prior underwriting experience preferred
- Experienced underwriting assistants or customer service representatives may be considered for this position
- A college degree is helpful
The Accounting Clerk provides accounting and clerical assistance to the accounting department. Responsible for front-line customer service inquiries and other daily functions such as, but not limited to, filing, sorting, copying and scanning of documents, etc. Successful candidates will possess: The ability to multi-task in a highly regulated environment. The ability to provide excellent customer service. The ability to use problem-solving skills and good judgement to resolve issues. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both in teams and independently. Experience: None required, but prior office or insurance experience helpful.
This position draws on technical expertise and best practices for claim handling to work effectively with Claimants, Employers, Physicians and others.
Successful Candidates will possess:
- Strong customer service and communications skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- The ability to work independently and as a team member
- Bachelor’s Degree or a broad understanding of the State of Hawaii Workers’ Compensation Statute and related Rules
- Hawaii Workers’ Comp Adjusters License
- 5 years’ experience in State of Hawaii workers’ compensation Claims handling, preferably lost time and litigated claims
- Extensive knowledge and 5 years’ experience in indemnity claims
- Knowledge of technical claims and the current legal climate
- At least 2 years’ experience in U.S. Longshore Laws