Primary Role and Function:
The Information Technology Business Analyst’s primary role is to help HEMIC implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program and communicating them clearly to all stakeholders, facilitators and partners. The Business Analyst functions as the link between IT capabilities and business objectives.
- Develop technical solutions to business problems by defining, analyzing, managing, and documenting requirements.
- Translate internal customers’ needs to application or system feature request.
- Coordinate and handle second-level requests for application support issues.
- Principles of information and business requirements analysis normally acquired through college level courses or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of software application concepts including software development lifecycle (SLDC) and Quality Assurance (QA).
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral), including technical writing skills and writing business cases.
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- 5 years experience in business requirements gathering and analysis.
- 3 years experience in computer applications’ project management.
- Prior insurance industry experience desirable, but not required.
Successful candidates will:
- Evaluate and resolve problems relating to the operation of hardware and software products.
- Provide consultation and make recommendations for configuration of computer and office hardware and software solutions, and will also assist in the maintenance and operation of the network servers and local area network.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via trouble ticket system, telephone, and e-mail.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot workstations and related hardware and software.
- Manage desktop software updates, patches, and drivers.
- Manage the inventory of computer equipment and related software.
- Provide support for voice communications.
- Have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop technologies including Windows 7, Office productivity suite, and interaction with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Have general knowledge of networking; TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, wireless.
- College degree in Computer Information Systems preferred.
- Certification(s) from CompTIA (A+, Network +), Microsoft Windows Desktop, or similar preferred.
- This role requires the individual to be customer support-oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a corporate environment where technology is not the core business function and IT support is oriented for exceptional customer service.
Successful candidates must possess knowledge of Hawaii workers’ compensation laws and best practices for claim handling. Must have strong customer service and communication skills and the ability to multi-task and work independently. Minimum of seven (7) years experience handling complex indemnity claims required for the Senior level position and three to five (5) years experience for the Claim Specialist position.