In The Community

Midweek Features HEMIC as a “Good Neighbor”

Midweek featured HEMIC and our CEO, Marty Welch, in the “Good Neighbor” column of their April 27, 2016 issue. Thank you, Midweek! We believe that being a good neighbor is our kuleana.

HEMIC on Capitol Hill for Legislative Action Day

Today is the Property and Casualty Insurers’ Association of America’s (PCI) “Legislative Action Day,” an annual event where insurance company executives from across the country gather to meet with Congress to discuss issues important to the insurance industry and its customers. Our CEO Marty Welch, who serves on the Executive Advisory Committee for PCI, was on Capitol Hill today helping PCI represent the interests of Hawaii and PCI’s nearly 1,000 member companies. He met with Senator Mazie Hirono and Representatives Tulsi Gabbard and Mark Takai. Their discussions included the importance of maintaining State insurance regulation to foster consumer protection and... Read More

HEMIC Extends a Helping Hand – and a Lot of Sole – to Helping Hands Hawai‘i

(HONOLULU – March 23, 2016) HEMIC, Hawaii’s leading workers’ compensation insurance company found they had an unusual dilemma after completing the latest installment of their award-winning “No Worries” advertising campaign – what to do with 1,800 new pairs of rubber slippers? The new “No Worries” TV spot, which premiered this week, showcases the quandaries of a fictional slipper factory. With the wrap of the production, HEMIC found it had boxes and boxes of slippers needing a good home. Knowing the value a simple pair of slippers holds for those in need, HEMIC sought out Helping Hands Hawai‘i, who are in... Read More

HEMIC and Shidler College of Business Award 2015 Scholarship for Insurance Excellence

HONOLULU, HI – This month, HEMIC (Hawai‘i Employers’ Mutual Insurance Company) and the Shidler College of Business at the University of Hawai’i awarded the first recipient of The Robert L. Dove, Jr. Endowed Scholarship for Insurance Excellence. Endowed by HEMIC, this scholarship is intended to help grow the future business leaders of Hawai’i by encouraging the best and brightest Hawai‘i high school graduates to remain in Hawai‘i to pursue their business education. The inaugural recipient, Vanessa Panetta, graduated from Mililani High School where she was a member of the National Honor Society. At Shidler, she is pursuing studies in finance,... Read More