At HEMIC, we know that employees need to be healthy, businesses need to be productive, and medical providers need to be free from needless paperwork.
As an employer, here’s how to care for your injured workers with HEMIC:
- Require all employees to report work-related injuries immediately
- Help all injured workers get medical treatment
- Report all injuries to HEMIC within 24 hours after they happen: electronically submit a First Report of Injury using the HEMIC Report Injury/WC-1 module from HEMIC WebSolutions, submit a First Report of Injury and e-mail to email@example.com or send us a WC-1 Employer’s Report of Industrial Injury by fax or mail.
- We will assign you a dedicated Claim Specialist, who will call both you and the injured worker within 24 hours to:
- Gather information to take immediate control of and manage the claim
- Discuss your Return-To-Work Program
- Ensure that the injured worker is getting reasonable and appropriate medical treatment until they are able to return to work
- If your injured worker is losing time from work, the Claim Specialist will determine and pay any wage loss benefits.
- As soon as the injured worker is released back to work by their medical provider, our Return-To-Work Team (Claim Specialist, Return-To-Work Coordinator and Loss Prevention Consultant) will help you identify modified duty/light duty work for the employee. Make sure to tell the Claim Specialist whatever you know about the injured worker’s release to return to work.
- If you believe a third party may be liable for the injury, tell the Claim Specialist so that HEMIC is able to pursue it.
- Our Claim Specialists have expert training in Hawaii workers’ compensation laws and will serve as your primary contact.
- If you suspect fraud related to this claim, tell us immediately. We will investigate leads, gather evidence and refer perpetrators of fraud for prosecution.
If you are injured on the job…
Report workplace injuries to your employer immediately.
Seek medical treatment from your medical provider or closest emergency room.
Your employer will complete a WC-1 Emloyer’s Report and send it to HEMIC within 24 hours.
Within 24 hours after receipt of the WC-1, an assigned Claim Specialist from HEMIC will contact you to discuss the workplace injury.