Fraud hurts everyone. It adds unfair costs to the system, which hurts honest employers and employees by increasing the overall costs of insurance for everyone. Fraud is also a crime: fraudulent activity that exceeds $2,000 is a felony.
Common types of worker fraud are:
- Filing a claim for an injury that occurred off-the-job
- Faking an injury
- Exaggerating symptoms
Common types of employer fraud are:
- Not reporting cash payrolls
- Misclassifying, misrepresenting or hiding payroll
- Manipulating the experience rating system
If you suspect anyone of fraud, report it. Fraud tips may remain anonymous.
- On Oahu: 522-5279
- Neighbor Islands Toll Free: 1- 888-522-5295