Are you ready to make a difference for Hawai`i’s businesses and their workers? Do you want to replace “business as usual” with creating better, innovative solutions for tomorrow? Join us at HEMIC!
Voted one of Hawai`i Business’ Best Places to Work (2019), and Pacific Business News’ Best Workplaces (multiple years), we believe our kuleana is to bring Hawai`i workers back to work and back to life.
It’s a big calling and our team is passionate about delivering on this mission.
We’re looking for the inspired — those who understand the importance of our purpose and won’t settle for less than excellence. We seek caring, energized professionals committed to improving the status quo with integrity. We hire industry leaders who embrace best practices, believe in a brighter future, and seek to raise the bar for all of us.
- Insurance doesn’t have to be boring! We work hard, but have fun doing it. We kick off the year with an All Employee Rally and follow up through the year with fun holiday activities, monthly birthday celebrations and participation in local sports leagues. Participation in Casual Fridays helps us raise money for local charities and we coordinate an annual charity golf tournament.
- We’re passionate about your development. Whether it’s achieving a formal certification or attending a workshop to improve your communication skills, we’re committed to your growth. We partner with local vendors and attend mainland conferences to ensure your skills stay up-to-date, and we’re continually on the leading edge of best practices in our industry.
- We offer competitive salary and progressive benefits, including a best-in-class 401k match, flex time, and a great wellness program.
- We are committed to proudly taking care of Hawai`i. We have endowed a scholarship at UH Manoa’s Shidler College of Business, and our employees demonstrate this commitment by giving back through employer charitable contribution matches and participation in dozens of community organizations.
If you’re interested in working for HEMIC, please email your resume, references and a cover letter explaining why you’re excited to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch soon.
Did You Know?
In 2018 HEMIC was instrumental in establishing Hawai`i’s chapter of Kids’ Chance, a 501 c3, non-profit organization that provides scholarships to children whose parent has been injured or killed in the line of work. By bringing together a unique coalition of groups with the workers’ compensation system, Kid’s Chance provides educational opportunities that make a difference in the lives of effected children.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, customer-service oriented Receptionist. As the initial face of HEMIC, our Receptionist:
- Welcomes all guests and callers and connects them to the appropriate HEMIC employees
- Manages meeting room schedules
- Assists visitors with parking, access badges and meeting room assignments
- Accepts, sorts and distributes daily mail and faxes, ensuring prompt delivery to the correct recipients
- Logs incoming checks and cash payment
- Accepts and directs deliveries
- Provides additional support services.
Successful candidates will possess a spirit of aloha and professionalism, excellent phone and organizational skills, and an attention to detail.
- Associates degree or higher, preferred.
- At least 1-2 years relevant experience in office administration.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Professional phone skills and manner
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced professional business environment